SACRAMENTO FREEWAY ACCIDENT ATTORNEYS
Posted on Friday, August 11th, 2017 at 10:13 pm
Traffic accidents can happen anywhere, but congested freeways are a hotspot for traffic accidents. Anyone who travels on the freeways and interstates around Sacramento understood how dense and congested the traffic can be along these thoroughfares. Unfortunately, when you have thousands of drivers traveling at high rates of speeds, your chance of a truck accident, motorcycle crash, or car accident increases. Sadly, the consequences of a freeway accident can be devastating.
Consequences of a Freeway Accident
The immediate consequences of a freeway accident are evident — property damage, physical injuries, and lost time from work. However, the long-term consequences of a freeway accident can be catastrophic. Because freeway accidents occur at high rates, the risk of traumatic injury is high. Examples of traumatic injuries that result from high-speed accidents include:
- Spinal cord injuries, including partial and full paralysis
- Severe burns
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) and other head injuries
- Internal organ damage and internal bleeding
- Neck and back injuries
- Compound fractures
Traumatic injuries often require multiple surgeries, extended hospitalizations, extended physical therapy, and ongoing rehabilitative therapy. The result can be significant medical bills and loss of income resulting in financial devastation for the family. In addition, the mental anguish, physical pain, and emotional stress of dealing with catastrophic injuries can be overwhelming.
Victims and their families do have options for recovering compensation for their injuries. Under California’s personal injury laws, a negligent driver can be held liable for damages caused by a freeway accident. Victims and their families can receive compensation for damages including:
- Medical Expenses, including the cost of past and future medical care
- Property Damage, including the cost of repairing your vehicle or paying the fair market value for a totaled vehicle
- Lost Income, including the cost of past and future lost wages and any loss of earning capacity caused by permanent disabilities
- Pain and Suffering Damages, including the physical pain, stress, anxiety, mental anguish, and emotional suffering experienced by the victim
- Permanent Results of Injuries, including scarring, disfigurement, and disabilities
- Other Out-of-Pocket Expenses such as medical equipment, over-the-counter medications, payment for help with household chores, travel expenses, etc.
The amount of compensation depends on several factors including the type of injuries, severity of injuries, and length of recovery.
Causes of Freeway Accidents
As with traffic accidents occurring on other thoroughfares, the causes of freeway accidents are varied. Some of the causes of freeway accidents include:
- Speeding, tailgating, and other forms of aggressive driving
- Distracted driving, including texting, talking on the cell phone, using social media, reading/programming navigation systems, grooming, eating, etc.
- Drowsy or fatigued driving
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Inexperienced drivers, including teen drivers and truck drivers
Regardless of the cause, the results are the same — victims face long-term, life-altering consequences because of another person’s negligence. Our attorneys fight for the rights of victims like you to receive full compensation for all damages.
Call a Sacramento Freeway Accident Attorney for a Free Appointment
To schedule your free consultation, call TheTiemann Law Firm at (916) 999-9000 or visit our website. Our law firm serves clients in Sacramento, Folsom, Roseville, El Dorado Hills and other communities in the greater Sacramento area.