Woodland Personal Injury Lawyers
You do your best to take care of yourself and your loved ones. When an accident happens because someone else was careless or negligent, you should not be left to take care of the financial and emotional fallout alone.
Tiemann Law Firm has been helping personal injury victims in Northern California for more than 20 years. We believe that you should receive the just and fair compensation you’re entitled to when someone else causes harm to you and your family. Call us at (916) 999-9000, or reach out to us online to make an appointment for your free consultation if you need legal assistance.
At Tiemann Law Firm, we concentrate almost exclusively on personal injury cases. That means we can build a strong case for the specific type of accident that caused your injury and present it in a way that helps maximize the compensation you receive.
- Car Accidents. Living in Northern California means spending a lot of time on the road. It also means more chances of getting into an accident. If that accident was caused by someone else’s negligence, you should have legal help for your recovery.
- Pedestrian Accidents. You may not always drive. Sometimes you like to walk. And sometimes, drivers forget that pedestrians in California have the right of way. If you get hit by a car while walking, you can be seriously injured and need time to recover. You’ll also have medical bills to pay.
- Truck Accidents. Sacramento and the surrounding areas see more than their share of big rigs passing through. That’s great for the economy, but not so great for cars that travel the roads with them. Being hit by a semi can mean a catastrophic accident, or worse.
- Motorcycle Accidents. Sometimes it seems like everyone on the road wants to hit a motorcycle. Being hit by a car while on your ride is going to cause you injury. You should not have to suffer just because you like two wheels when the road is full of four-wheeled drivers.
- DUI Victim. Nothing is more avoidable than being a drunk driver. For the victim, these drivers are the epitome of carelessness and callousness. If you have been struck by a drunk driver, you deserve the maximum compensation for all your injuries.
- Dog Attacks. When owners are too careless or lazy to train and restrain their dogs, other people suffer, and the dog pays the price. We believe the owner is the one at fault for your injury, and they should be held financially accountable.
- Product Liability. When you buy something, whether it is a screwdriver or a gaming console, you expect it to work properly and safely. If it breaks in a way that injures you or another person, the company that made it or sold it can be held liable for what happened.
- Slip and Fall. If you go to the store to return the defective screwdriver, you assume the store’s floors will be swept, and the doors will work and be clearly marked. If you fall because of debris on the floor or get injured by a malfunctioning door, the property owner is responsible for the injury caused by their failure to clean up.
- Bicycle Accidents. Bicyclists have the same rights and responsibilities as any other road user. That means that if another vehicle hits you while you are out riding, you have the same ability to file a claim against the other driver for their carelessness and inattention.
- Wrongful Death. No amount of money can ever replace a loved one. But if you lost them because of the negligent actions of another party, we at Tiemann Law Firm believe that you should be compensated for the costs you incurred because of that loss.
- Brain Injuries. Whether it is a minor concussion or a major penetrating injury, damage to the brain can lead to a lifetime of debility and medical care. Any of these accidents can result in life-altering brain damage that requires years of treatment. You should be able to obtain that care if another person caused your injury.
Founding attorney Peter B. Tiemann was born and raised in the Sacramento area, and after an international education, he opened his first practice in 1998 in Sacramento and Placerville. Mr. Tiemann is dedicated to the practice of personal injury law and aggressively advocates for his clients during all phases of negotiation and trial. He is currently the vice president of the El Dorado County Bar Association.
Our attorneys practice throughout the central California area, from San Francisco to Placerville. Because we concentrate on personal injury litigation, we can develop the best strategies for each case as it comes to us. Every case is given the personal attention it deserves.
How We Can Help
After an accident, you may believe that all you need to do is file your insurance claim and wait for the check to arrive. In some cases, that may be enough. A minor accident in the parking lot with just some damage to your car may only need minimal documentation. But what if you’re hurt and need a doctor’s care? What if the other driver says it was your fault?
Insurance companies are not your friends. Their goal is to pay you the least amount of money possible. They may offer you a quick settlement for medical bills you incurred for emergency treatment, and you might think that is enough. But a month later, when your neck still hurts, or the doctor says you might need surgery, you won’t have another chance to talk to the insurer.
At Tiemann Law Firm, we want you to get all the compensation you deserve for all your injuries. We will help you fill out the insurance forms so that the company cannot lowball you with a quick settlement offer. We will negotiate for you with the insurer for an appropriate settlement, and if necessary, we can go to court to get the outcome you deserve.
If you have been injured any kind of accident in Woodland that wasn’t your fault, you should not try to deal with the insurance companies and their attorneys by yourself. Call Tiemann Law Firm at (916) 999-9000, or contact us online right away. In California, you have only two years from the date of injury to file your lawsuit. The clock is running. Call us today. We’re here to help.