FILING A DISTRACTED DRIVING ACCIDENT CLAIM IN SACRAMENTO
Posted on Thursday, July 2nd, 2020 at 2:01 am
Sadly, distracted driving continues to cause thousands of deaths and injuries each year. With more technology available to drivers, the number of distractions continues to increase. However, it is not just cell phone use or texting while driving that causes a distracted driving accident.
Common distractions that result in traffic accidents include, but are not limited to:
- Cell Phone Use
- Texting or Reading Emails
- Accessing Social Media
- Adjusting Vehicle Controls
- Eating and Drinking
- Grooming and Changing Clothes
- Take Care of Pets or Children
- Passengers and Things Outside the Vehicle
- Reaching for Objects
- Changing Shoes
Anything that takes your attention away from driving is a potentially deadly distraction. However, actions that require you to take your hands off the steering wheel or your eyes of the road are also distractions. Drivers must be aware of the dangers of distracted driving so that they can avoid accidents.
How Can I File a Distracted Driving Accident Claim?
Most distracted driving accident claims begin with an insurance claim filed with the other driver’s insurance provider. However, filing an insurance claim does not mean that you will receive money for your claim. You must prove that the distracted driver caused the accident. If you cannot prove the other driver caused the crash, the insurance company will not pay your claim.
Also, if the insurance company can blame you for some fault for the crash, the company can deny your claim or reduce the amount of money for your claim. California’s pure comparative fault laws allow for your compensation to be reduced by the percentage of fault assigned to you for the cause of the crash.
Therefore, you may want to consult with our Sacramento distracted driving accident lawyers before filing your insurance claim. Our lawyers can help you protect your legal right to fair compensation for your injuries, losses, and damages.
How Can Our Lawyers Help With a Distracted Driving Claim?
Our lawyers and legal team take numerous actions to investigate your claim, including, but not limited to:
- Requesting copies of police reports and crash reports;
- Gathering evidence from the accident scene;
- Interviewing witnesses;
- Searching for videos of the collision;
- Working with experts to determine the cause of the crash; and,
- Sending subpoenas to cell phone carriers, if necessary, to establish cell phone use at the time of the crash.
By identifying the cause of the car accident, we can build a case against the driver for fault and liability.
How Much Money Can I Receive for My Injury Claim?
The value of your injury claim depends on the severity of your injuries, your total financial losses, and other factors. Damages that are often included in distracted driving accidents include:
- Medical Bills and Expenses
- Loss of Income and Benefits
- Personal Care Costs
- Cost of Therapy
- Physical Suffering and Pain
- Mental and Emotional Suffering
- Scarring and Disfigurement
- Loss of Enjoyment of Life
- Disability and Permanent Impairments
Contact Our Sacramento Car Accident Lawyer
If a distracted driver caused your injuries, contact our Sacramento distracted driving accident lawyers to discuss your options for recovery.