Posted on Monday, August 17th, 2020 at 4:14 am
Are you a victim of a commercial truck accident? If so, you can benefit from the advice, support, and guidance of a Sacramento truck accident attorney. Semi-truck accidents are very different from other types of car accidents. The parties involved, trucking regulations, aggressive insurance companies, large trucking companies, and complex evidence are just a few of the reasons that you need an experienced truck accident attorney to help you with an injury claim.
How Can a Sacramento Truck Accident Attorney Help You With Your Injury Claim?
Commercial truck accidents generally result in catastrophic injuries for victims. Many victims of 18-wheeler accidents sustain permanent impairments and disabilities. The recovery period can be lengthy and expensive. For that reason, trucking companies and insurance providers want to limit their liability for a personal injury claim. These companies have highly trained, experienced teams of professionals who begin immediate investigations into the truck accident. Their goal is to secure evidence that can help them limit their liability for your injuries. You need someone working for you to balance that equation. Someone who understands how to protect your best interests. Examples of things our truck accident attorney does to protect your legal right during a truck accident case include, but is not limited to:
- Begins an immediate investigation into the cause of the truck accident.
- Notifies the truck’s owner and trucking company to preserve evidence, including the truck’s black box, maintenance records, employment records, and logbooks
- Conducts interviews with eyewitnesses
- Secures video of the accident from traffic cameras and nearby security cameras
- Obtains copies of reports from the police, insurance investigators, federal agencies, and other parties
- Hires accident reconstructionists, engineers, and industry experts to assist in the investigation
- Works with your medical providers to obtain updates and evidence of your injuries, including permanent disabilities
- Identifies the parties who may share in the liability for the cause of the truck crash
- Identifies insurance coverage for your injuries and damages
Most individuals do not have the resource and skills necessary to handle a truck accident case. An attorney without experience handling personal injury claims involving commercial vehicles may also not have the knowledge necessary to investigate the accident and build a case. It is to your advantage to seek help from an experienced Sacramento truck accident attorney.
Damages Available for a Truck Accident Claim
The value of your truck accident claim depends on numerous factors. Our goal is to get you the most money available for your personal injury claim to help you as you learn to cope with the devastating effects of an 18-wheeler accident. In most cases, victims recover compensation for their economic damages, as well as their pain and suffering. Examples of damages in a truck accident case include, but may not be limited to:
- Past, current, and future cost of medical care
- Past, current, and future cost of in-home healthcare and personal care
- Assistance with household chores and childcare
- Loss of income, including commissions, wages, overtime, salaries, and benefits
- Decreases in future earning potential
- Pain and suffering damages, including physical, mental, and emotional suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of or quality of life
- Other out-of-pocket financial damages
Valuing the above damages may require assistance from medical experts and economists. Our Sacramento truck accident attorney works with experts to ensure that we maximize the value of your truck accident claim.
Contact a Sacramento Truck Accident Lawyer for Help
If you or a family member is injured in a large truck accident, do not trust the insurance company or trucking company to treat you fairly. Trust our experienced team of legal advocates to aggressively fight to get you the money you deserve after being injured in a truck crash.