TWO MOTORCYCLISTS KILLED IN SOLANO COUNTY, CA MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT
Posted on Friday, June 3rd, 2016 at 3:11 am
In a tragic motorcycle accident, two motorcyclists were killed when a driver made a left hand turn in front of the riders. The accident took place on Highway 113 just south of Dixon. The driver of the Dodge Charger failed to yield the right of way causing the motorcyclists to collide with the front end of the Charger. The riders were thrown from their motorcycles after colliding with the vehicle.
What Can The Legal System Do For Families of Motorcycle Accident Victims?
We hear tragic accident stories like this every day from the grieving family of accident victims who lost loved ones far too soon. A motorcycle accident, commercial truck accident, car accident, or other motor vehicle accident can claim the life of a loved one in a matter of seconds. A death is tragic regardless of how or when it occurs; however, when we lose a loved one suddenly due to a preventable accident, the pain and grief can be overwhelming. What can the law do for these families?
The law cannot bring back a loved one nor can the law remove or reduce the pain and suffering the family experiences over a wrongful death. The only thing the law can do is provide a way to hold the person responsible for your loved one’s death accountable by awarding a financial judgment against the party through a civil lawsuit.
A wrongful death lawsuit serves at least three purposes for the family members:
- Allows the family to seek justice on behalf of their loved one bringing some measure of closure to the family;
- Provides financial compensation to the family that can help provide for the family’s needs after the loss of a loved one’s contributions to the family’s income; and,
- Sends a strong message to the party and to others that the behavior that caused the death (i.e. drunk driving, distracted driving, defective products, dangerous drugs, etc.) will not be tolerated and those who are guilty of this behavior in the future will be held accountable for their actions.
Again, this does not take away the pain or undo what has been done; however, financial compensation can help the family as they try to go on with their lives without their loved one.
Damages in a Wrongful Death Lawsuit for a Motorcycle Accident
The damages available in a California wrongful death lawsuit vary depending on the facts and circumstances of the case. Each wrongful death lawsuit is different; however, some common damages we see in most cases include:
- Medical expenses from the date of injury until the death
- Loss of future earnings and contributions to the family
- Cremation, burial, and/or funeral expenses
- Loss of services (i.e. household chores, parental guidance, support, etc.)
- Loss of affection, companionship, moral support, comfort, love, and society
- Other damages specific to the case that are allowed under California’s wrongful death laws
One of our wrongful death attorneys can discuss the specific damages you may be entitled to receive during your free consultation.
Contact a Sacramento Wrongful Death Attorney Now
You have a limited amount of time to file a wrongful death claim. Do not wait to contact our office or you may lose your right to file a wrongful death lawsuit. Call the Tiemann Law Firm by calling (916) 999-9000 or chat with a representative on our website to schedule your free legal consultation.