TOP FIVE TRAFFIC VIOLATIONS THAT CAUSE CAR ACCIDENTS
Posted on Wednesday, July 5th, 2017 at 4:08 pm
A car accident can happen at any moment. In most cases, driver error causes traffic accidents, such as breaking a traffic law. Below are the five most commonly violated traffic laws that lead to car accidents in Sacramento.
Violating Traffic Laws Causing Car Accidents
- Failing to Yield the Right of Way — A driver cannot make a left turn when another vehicle is approaching head on if there is not sufficient time to make the turn without creating a hazard to either driver. When a driver fails to yield the right of way and causes an accident, he can be held liable for the damages caused by the crash.
- Following Too Closely — You should have enough space between you and the vehicle in front of you to stop without colliding with the vehicle even if that driver slams on breaks for no apparent reason. Following too closely is one of the common reasons for rear-end crashes.
- Speeding — Speeding is the cause of many accidents. When you are driving at unsafe speeds, you do not have as much time to stop, and you have an increased risk of losing control of your vehicle. Remember, posted speed limits are for good conditions. Fog, rain, and other adverse conditions dictate lower speeds even if the posted speed limit is higher. You should always slow down whenever weather conditions are poor.
- Failing to Obey Stop Signs and Traffic Signals — When you try to “beat” the red light or you do not come to a complete stop at a stop sign, you increase your risk of being in a traffic accident. You must obey all traffic signals and traffic signs. They are there to keep the flow of traffic moving at a safe pace and in a safe manner.
- Driving Under the Influence — Drugs and alcohol impair your ability to make judgments and operate a motor vehicle safely. Even a small amount of alcohol can impair your driving abilities. If you case a DUI accident, you can be charged with a crime, which can result in jail time, loss of driving privileges, fines, and other criminal penalties. You can also be held liable for any damages caused by the accident if someone is injured.
Filing a Claim for Car Accident Damages
When a car accident results in injuries and damages, the at-fault driver can be held liable in California for these damages. By filing an accident claim, you can receive compensation for financial damages including lost wages, medical bills, and property damage. You may also receive compensation for your non-economic damages such as physical pain, scarring, emotional stress, and permanent disability.
However, California’s statute of limitations limits your time to file a car accident claim. Therefore, you should contact an experienced Sacramento car accident attorney as soon as possible to discuss your case and the legal options for recovering money for your damages.
Call Today for a Free Appointment!
The Sacramento car accident attorneys of the Tiemann Law Firm can be reached by telephone at (916) 999-9000 or by visiting our website. Our law firm serves clients in Sacramento, Folsom, Roseville, El Dorado Hills and other communities in the greater Sacramento area.
It is our goal to help you recover the maximum amount of money for your claim. We investigate our accident and use all our resources to fight the insurance company for the at-fault driver so you can receive a fair and just settlement for your claim.