PEDESTRIAN ACCIDENT NEAR MERCY SAN JUAN MEDICAL CENTER
Posted on Monday, October 3rd, 2016 at 12:05 am
The Sacramento Bee reported on a pedestrian accident near Mercy San Juan Medical Center. A woman in her 60s was walking along Coyle Avenue in Carmichael when she was struck by a vehicle and killed. Rescue workers responded to the accident and transported the victim to the hospital where she was pronounced dead.
KCRA reports that the woman, a 66-year old hospital employee, was crossing Coyle Avenue when she was struck by a Lexus. The driver of the Lexus remained at the accident scene. Officer said that the driver did not see the woman in time to avoid the collision.
Pedestrians Must Treat Drivers Defensively
Unfortunately, drivers do not watch for pedestrians. Therefore, pedestrians must treat all drivers in a defensive manner, assuming the driver is a potential danger. From texting and talking on cell phones to speeding and failing to yield the right of way, drivers are a danger to pedestrians. Pedestrians must take precautions to protect themselves from traffic accidents.
Ways pedestrians can protect themselves from traffic accidents include:
- Cross at intersections whenever possible
- Avoid walking at dawn, dusk, and at night
- Wear light colored clothing or reflective material
- Carry a flashlight when walking at night
- Make eye contact with drivers before crossing the road
- Walk in groups whenever possible
- Remain alert at all times, avoid using your cell phone and never wear earphones while walking
- Walk as far off the side of the road as safely possible when there is not a sidewalk
Help For Victims Of Pedestrian Accidents
If you have been injured by a driver, you may be entitled to recover compensation for your injuries in a personal injury claim. The insurance company for the driver who caused the pedestrian accident is responsible for paying any damages resulting from the accident. However, the first step is proving that the driver caused the collision and the collision resulted in damages and injuries. If you cannot prove these two elements, you may not receive any compensation for your injuries.
Therefore, it is important that you contact a Sacramento pedestrian accident attorney as soon as possible after an accident. In addition to helping you prove the elements necessary to prove liability in a pedestrian accident, you need to hire an attorney because:
- You have a limited time to file a personal injury lawsuit under California’s statute of limitations;
- An attorney understands what evidence is required for a successful claim;
- The insurance company for the other driver does not represent your best interest;
- You need an experienced attorney who will put your best interest first; and,
- The insurance adjuster may try to gain information from you that could hurt your claim before you have a chance to consult with an attorney.
It does not cost you anything to consult with a Sacramento pedestrian accident attorney with the Tiemann Law Firm. Therefore, it is in your best interest to get the facts first before you take any action regarding your personal injury claim.
Contact Our Office For A Free Legal Consultation
Call Tiemann Law Firm at (916) 999-9000 or chat with a representative on our website to get more information and to schedule your free case evaluation with one of our Sacramento personal injury attorneys.