DON’T LET THE INSURANCE ADJUSTER TELL YOU SOFT TISSUE INJURIES ARE NOT SERIOUS
Posted on Thursday, July 26th, 2018 at 4:03 am
Insurance companies and some physicians treat soft tissue injuries as minor injuries. However, soft tissue injuries can be very serious resulting in long-term impairments and chronic pain. If another party injures you in an accident, do not allow the insurance adjuster to convince you that the insurance policy does not cover your soft tissue injury, or your claim is worth very little.
Our Sacramento personal injury attorneys handle soft tissue injury claims. We can help you recover compensation for an injury sustained in a fall, motor vehicle accident, or other personal injury accident. Call for a free consultation with one of our lawyers to discuss your legal options.
Common Soft Tissue Injuries Caused by Accidents
Soft tissue injuries can be difficult to diagnose and treat. Therefore, you may need to seek a second opinion if your physician is downplaying your symptoms and complaints. Some of the common injuries related to soft tissue include:
- Contusions — Contusions or bruises is an injury to the muscle fiber or connective tissue caused by a hard or sharp blow. Car accidents, falls, and other accidents can easily cause contusions.
- Sprains — Over-stretching or tearing of a ligament causes a sprain. Common sites for sprains include the knees, ankles, and wrists.
- Bursitis — Inflammation of the fluid between the bones and soft tissue can cause friction resulting in bursitis. Bursitis is often caused by a repetitive motion, which can be work-related.
- Strains — When muscles or tendons are torn or over-stretched, the result is a strain.
- Tendinitis — Tendinitis can also be work-related. Repetitive motions can cause inflammation or irritation of the tendon or the tissue covering the tendon.
Many soft tissue injuries heal with time and rest. In some cases, a doctor may prescribe physical therapy, pain medication, injections, or other non-invasive treatments for these injuries. However, more aggressive treatment may be required in severe or chronic cases.
Whiplash is a Soft Tissue Injury
Whiplash is a common soft tissue injury. Motor vehicle accidents and falls are two of the most common personal injury accidents that can cause whiplash. When a person’s head is “whipped” backward and forward in a collision or a fall, the soft tissues of the neck can stretch or tear causing pain and limited range of motion. As with other injuries related to soft tissues, many cases of whiplash heal with time and rest. However, some whiplash cases can cause long-term, chronic pain. Some accident victims may miss work and incur substantial medical bills because of a whiplash injury.
If you suffer any symptoms of whiplash, it is best to seek treatment from a medical professional. There are several treatment options for whiplash that provide pain relief. In addition, having a treatment plan can be important when you file your personal injury claim.
Working With a Sacramento Personal Injury Lawyer
Soft tissue claims can be difficult to win because insurance companies aggressively fight these types of injury claims. Therefore, you need an experienced Sacramento personal injury lawyer to help you gather evidence to present a strong case for recovery of compensation.