5 Most Common Causes of Truck Accidents
Posted on Tuesday, November 1st, 2022 at 8:44 am
It seems like supply chain issues may be starting to improve and this means more trucks on the road. The bad news is that also means more truck accidents. Below are five frequent reasons these accidents occur:
- Cargo Issues—what a truck is carrying and how it is loaded may lead to an accident. If a trailer is overloaded with too much weight or the weight is not distributed properly it may affect the maneuverability of the truck and the distance needed to safely stop. Other cargo issues include using the wrong type or number of tie downs and not covering, bracing or blocking cargo properly.
- Mechanical Failure—like all motor vehicles trucks need to be properly maintained. Inspecting for failing parts is the truck companies responsibility. Accidents can occur due to failure of the brakes, suspension, trailer hitch, steering or any other mechanical component of the truck.
- Poor Performance—this involves negligence on the part of the truck driver. Tailgating, speeding, unsafe lane changes and sudden breaking are some of the behaviors that can result in an accident.
- No-Zone Issues—“no-zones” are the large blind spots that commercial trucks usually have. Since the truck driver sits up much higher than the driver of a car there are areas of the road they can’t necessarily see. These include the area immediately in front of the truck, the area immediately behind the back of the trailer and the large triangular area on the right and left sides of the truck.
- Improper Training—even in this time of driver shortages it’s the trucking company’s responsibility to ensure that the drivers they hire are properly trained. All applications need to be checked for accuracy and background checks must be completed before hiring.
At the end of the day, regardless of the reason for a truck accident the results are nearly always devastating. Our experienced truck accident attorneys will help you through the process of filing your claim and getting the compensation you deserve for your accident.
Have you or a loved one been a victim of a DUI, car, truck, or motorcycle accident, dog attack, or a slip and fall incident? If so, Tiemann Law Firm can help. Our experienced personal injury attorneys will fight for the compensation you deserve. Contact us today for a free, same-day consultation by calling (916) 999-9000.