Posted on Friday, October 8th, 2021 at 9:00 am
If you’ve suffered a traumatic injury after an accident you are probably overwhelmed with many difficulties. One of the most pressing is figuring out how to get the compensation you will need to get you through this challenging time and make you whole going forward. This is where an experienced, compassionate and local personal injury lawyer comes in. If you do an online search for “personal injury attorneys” you’ll find endless options. Why decide to go with an attorney in your area? Here are 5 reasons you’ll appreciate as your case moves forward.
- Learn upfront about your lawyer’s reputation. A personal injury lawyer that is part of your community has worked with countless others in your city or town. You’ll be able to talk to people who live close by about their experiences with a local attorney before you commit.
- It’s easy to meet with your personal injury lawyer in person. Like a doctor, a personal injury lawyer is someone with whom you want to establish a relationship and be able to easily communicate. By hiring an attorney in your community you can meet face to face and get to know the person who’s working for you. While technology makes it possible to communicate long distances, there are parts of the legal process where you will need to meet in person with your attorney. Being local eliminates expensive and time-consuming trips which will also be painful depending on your injuries.
- Proximity to witnesses. People who saw your accident happen will provide key evidence in your case. A local attorney is familiar with the area and will have an advantage over someone from out of town in tracking down and talking to witnesses.
- Established relationships with local professionals. A winning personal injury case may require supporting evidence from professionals such as health care providers, law enforcement, and insurance adjusters. An attorney who works where your case is being adjudicated knows who to turn to for reliable and credible testimony—and who to avoid.
- Familiarity with the local court system. Someone practicing in your area knows well the local laws, opposing attorneys, and judges which will prove invaluable in successfully pursuing your case.
Have you or a loved one been a victim of a DUI, car, truck, or motorcycle accident, dog attack, or a slip and fall incident? If so, Tiemann Law Firm can help. Our experienced personal injury attorneys will fight for the compensation you deserve. Contact us today for a free, same-day consultation by calling (916) 999-9000.