Posted on Wednesday, February 9th, 2022 at 9:00 am
There are over 500,000 trucking accidents in the U.S. and that number is climbing. Covid and the current supply chain slowdown have contributed to this unfortunate trend in several ways:
- Due to Covid, there is a decrease in the number of truckers—this means companies are looking to current truckers to fill the gap with more time on the road.
- There are a higher number of new truck drivers who have less experience driving big rigs in all types of conditions.
- With the holidays fast approaching the demand for delivering goods is even higher, putting more pressure on companies and drivers that can result in overtired drivers and a greater number of errors both on and off the road.
Common Causes of Trucking Accidents
Many of the most frequent reasons a truck accident occurs are being exacerbated by the current conditions and the increase in the numbers of travelers on the roads during the holiday season. These include:
- Untrained or improperly trained driver
- Driver fatigue
- Poor driving performance
- Distracted driving
- Aggressive driving
- Adverse weather/environmental factors
The pressure to deliver on time impacts not just the drivers but others involved in the trucking industry. Two other factors that contribute to trucking accidents–poorly or improperly loaded cargo and mechanical failure–are also more likely if the people doing those jobs are rushing to meet deadlines.
How a Professional Attorney Can Help
If you are involved in a motor vehicle accident with a truck you may sustain severe injuries, damage to your vehicle, and disability that would prohibit you from working for some period. Collaborating with an experienced attorney can help ensure that a complete and fair investigation of the accident will occur and crucial evidence that can favorably impact your case will be preserved. Seeking damages after a truck accident is a complex process—don’t go it alone.
Have you or a loved one been a victim of a DUI, car, truck, or motorcycle accident, dog attack, or a slip and fall incident? If so, Tiemann Law Firm can help. Our experienced personal injury attorneys will fight for the compensation you deserve. Contact us today for a free, same-day consultation by calling: (916) 999-9000 or toll-free: (800) 712-2000.