Posted on Friday, December 16th, 2016 at 10:46 pm
Do you remember riding through the neighborhood to see the Christmas lights each year in the backseat of the family car? For many families, going to see the holiday lights is an annual tradition. Below are several of the most popular holiday light events in and around Sacramento this year.
Holiday Light Displays
- California Christmas Lights shows there are 11 houses in the area that are lit up for the holiday season.
- Global Winter Wonderland – This magical event is much more than just a light show. Along with illuminated landscapes, there is a holiday ice skating rink, carnival, rides, food, holiday shopping, crafts, and Santa. Global Winter Wonderland is located at the Cal Expo on Exposition Blvd. in Sacramento. Check the website for times and tickets.
- Christmas Lights Display Map – Fox40 has provided a map of the Christmas lights displays in and around Sacramento on its website.
- Folsom Zoo Sanctuary – The Folsom Zoo’s Wild Nights and Holiday Lights attraction is a great family event. Carolers, musicians, Santa, and miniature-scale steam Starlight Express train rides add to the magic of the holiday lights. See the zoo’s website for dates, times, and cost.
- Fairytale Town’s Winter Wonderland – In addition to holiday lights, you can see holiday-themed puppet shows on Fridays, enjoy making crafts on weekends, and visit Santa’s workshop. For the full details and tickets, see the website.
Some streets that you may want to visit to see various Christmas lights include:
- 53rd and S Streets
- 4878 Hackberry Lane
- 2973 Mendel Way
- 4821 F Parkway
- 4008 Vosburg Street
Staying Safe When Looking At The Holiday Lights
As you enjoy the Christmas light displays this year, remember that you need to take extra precautions to keep everyone safe. There will be extra traffic and more pedestrians on the road, especially in and around the most popular holiday light displays. Slow down, put extra distance between you and the vehicle in front of you, and keep your focus on the road ahead of you.
As a pedestrian, never assume that a driver sees you. In the dark, it is even more difficult for drivers to see you as you walk around to look at light displays. Even wearing blinking lights or carrying a flashlight may not be sufficient this time of year because you may just blend in with the displays. Therefore, keep children close and take extra precautions to avoid pedestrian accidents.
Sacramento Personal Injury Attorneys
We hope that you have a safe and enjoyable holiday season. However, if you or your family is injured, our Sacramento personal injury attorneys want to help. We will be here throughout the holiday season to answer questions and assist victims and their families with accident claims.
You can reach the Tiemann Law Firm by telephone at (916) 999-9000 or by chatting with a representative on our website. We offer free case evaluations and free legal consultations. Call us today to schedule an appointment with one of our Sacramento personal injury lawyers.