Retail Stores Need To Keep Floors Safe! Holiday Slip and Fall Accidents
Posted on Friday, October 13th, 2017 at 11:04 pm
It is hard to believe but Black Friday shopping will be upon us in just a little over a month. Retail stores have been making plans for the holiday shopping rush for many months. A lot of planning goes into setting up displays, ordering additional merchandise, and develop holiday shopping ads that will attract thousands of customers this season. However, retail stores should also take time to develop safety measures to ensure that floors are kept safe for customers this shopping season to avoid a slip and fall.
Slip and Fall Accidents in Retail Stores
When you think about a slip and fall accident at a retail store, you may think about slips caused by wet, slippery, or damaged floors. However, slip and fall accidents can also be caused by merchandise displays and cluttered aisles. When stores are preparing for holiday shopping, they place additional merchandise and displays throughout the store. However, if stores are not careful, those items can cause a slip and fall accident.
Customers must avoid falls when they can; however, retail stores also have a duty to their customers to avoid or correct dangerous conditions that could cause a fall. If you fall in a store this holiday season, you might be entitled to recover compensation for your injuries if you can prove:
- The store or property owner knew or should have known a dangerous condition existed;
- The store or property owner did nothing to warn customers of the dangerous condition or remedy the condition;
- The dangerous condition was the proximate cause of your fall;
- You suffered injuries because of the fall; and,
- You incurred damages because of your injury.
Hiring an experienced Sacramento slip and fall attorney can be one of the best decisions you make after a slip and fall accident. Our attorneys understand California laws governing injuries sustained in falls in retail stores. We can help you pursue a claim against the store, property owner, and other parties that may be liable for your injuries.
Damages in a Retail Store Slip and Fall Claim
Depending on the circumstances of your case, you may be entitled to recover money for damages including:
- The medical expenses related to your fall and your recovery;
- The amount of money you lost because you were unable to work because of the injury;
- Out-of-pocket expenses related to the fall (e. transportation, personal care, etc.);
- Non-economic damages for your physical pain, emotional stress, and mental anguish; and,
- Scarring, permanent disabilities, and disfigurement.
The amount of money you can receive for your claim is based on several factors including the severity of your injury, the level of permanent damage, and the length of your recovery. Our Sacramento slip and fall attorneys use the evidence in your case to maximize your chance of recovering full compensation for your losses.
Call a Sacramento Slip and Fall Attorney for Help
You never expect to be injured when you go shopping; however, falls in stores can cause severe injuries. The Sacramento slip and fall attorneys of the Tiemann Law Firm can help. Call our office at (916) 999-9000 or visit our website to schedule a free consultation with one of our attorneys.
Our lawyers represent clients throughout Sacramento, Folsom, Roseville, El Dorado Hills and other communities in the greater Sacramento area.