RECOVERING COMPENSATION FOR DAMAGES RELATED TO THE BUTTE COUNTY CAMP FIRE
Posted on Friday, November 16th, 2018 at 11:15 pm
California wildfires cause billions of dollars in damages and losses. The full extent of the damage caused by the Camp Fire that has consumed thousands of acres of land, homes, businesses, and personal property will not be known for a long time. Victims will have long-term losses as they struggle to secure housing, replace personal items, find jobs, and pay bills. For the victims who suffered physical injuries, the pain, suffering, and medical expenses may continue for many years or the rest of their lives.
It is important for survivors of the Butte County Camp Fire to take steps to protect their rights to recover compensation for their losses. Our Northern California Wildfire attorneys are providing support, guidance, and practical advice about how to file insurance claims and liability claims to recover compensation for losses.
For your free consultation with a Butte Camp Fire attorney, call (916) 999-9000 now!
Compensation for Damages and Losses After a Northern California Wildfire
You may receive substantial compensation for your losses and damages as a survivor of the Camp Fire. Examples of damages and losses that you may receive compensation for by filing an insurance claim or a liability claim include:
- Loss or damage to your personal home, rental property, or other structures on your land
- Loss or damage to personal property, including vehicles, furniture, clothing, jewelry, photographs, etc.
- Physical injuries and loss of life
- Loss of business assets and loss of business income because of an interruption to business
- Damage to and loss of agricultural products and property
- Loss of income
- Medical expenses
- Expenses related to relocation
- Loss of surrounding trees and vegetation
The above list is not an exhaustive list of all losses and damages incurred by survivors of the Butte County Camp Fire. Our Northern California wildfire attorneys assist you in documenting your losses and damages. We guide you through the process of identifying all damages to maximize the value of your insurance claim or liability claim.
What Should You Do if You are a Butte Camp Fire Survivor?
If the Camp Fire has impacted you, there are some things you should prioritize as you continue to recover from the devastating consequences of the wildfires. Secure housing for yourself and your family so that you can take care of your immediate needs. You should see a physician as soon as possible if you are physically injured or need help with emotional issues.
Practical steps to remember:
- Register with FEMA and other agencies to receive relief information and assistance.
- Secure a post office box and have all mail forwarded to the PO Box.
- Contact your insurance providers to file a claim and receive emergency benefits.
- Save all receipts and documentation related to expenses and losses.
- If you are allowed to return home, make videos and take photographs before making any repairs or removing any property.
- Contact a Northern California Wildfire attorney to discuss steps to protect legal rights.
Call Now For Your Free Case Review
Contact The Tiemann Law Firm by calling (916) 999-9000 to speak with an attorney. You do not need to navigate a wildfire insurance claim or liability claim against a third party alone. We are here for you and your family.