HOW TO PREVENT RECKLESS DRIVING ACCIDENTS IN SACRAMENTO
Posted on Monday, July 10th, 2017 at 11:41 pm
Reckless driving is a common cause of traffic-related accidents throughout California and the United States. More drivers are not taking the task of driving as seriously as they once did. Therefore, more drivers are causing accidents because of their carelessness, negligence and recklessness.
If a reckless driver has injured you, you may be entitled to receive compensation for your injuries. Call (916) 999-9000 for a free appointment with a Sacramento car accident attorney.
Tips for Avoiding a Reckless Driving Accident
- Allow plenty of room between you and the vehicles in front of you. You may be practicing safe driving behaviors, but that does not mean everyone on the road is driving safely. By leaving more room between you and the vehicle in front of you, you have additional time to avoid a collision if a driver suddenly slams on breaks or cuts into your lane.
- Leave early to allow for unexpected delays. Speeding is one of the leading causes of traffic accidents. By leaving early, you give yourself plenty of time to arrive without the need for speeding. Following the speed limit means you are less likely to put yourself and others at risk.
- Do not allow distractions while driving. Another common cause of reckless driving accidents is driving while distracted. When you are not paying attention to the road ahead, you are more likely to cause a reckless driving accident. Avoid all distractions and give your full attention to the road and other drivers.
- Avoid road rage. Road rage can lead to reckless driving accidents when you allow another driver to “get under your skin” making you take reckless chances. Assume other drivers will do things that will make you angry or frustrated. When you approach driving with this assumption, you are less likely to react to them moment thereby making a careless driving mistake.
- Always wear corrective lenses if needed when driving. If you need corrective lenses, make sure you wear them each time you drive. Skipping your glasses or contact lenses puts you and others in danger.
- Check your surroundings. Always check your blind spots and know where cars and objects are before you change lanes or turn. Part of avoiding a reckless driving accident is being aware of your surroundings and taking the necessary steps to avoid a collision.
- Obey all traffic laws. Traffic laws are designed to prevent car accidents. If you obey traffic laws, you are less likely to cause or be involved in a reckless driving accident.
What to Do if You Cannot Prevent a Reckless Driving Accident?
If you are involved in a reckless driving accident, call the police and seek immediate medical attention. Even if you believe you are partially at fault for the crash, it is in your best interest to consult an experienced Sacramento car accident attorney. You may be entitled to money for your losses, including medical bills, lost wages, pain, property damage, and emotional suffering.
Call the Sacramento accident lawyers of the Tiemann Law Firm at (916) 999-9000 or visit our website to request your free consultation. Our law firm serves clients in Sacramento, Folsom, Roseville, El Dorado Hills and other communities in the greater Sacramento area.