MUST HAVES FOR YOUR VEHICLE
MUST HAVES FOR YOUR VEHICLE
Posted on Wednesday, April 12th, 2017 at 12:32 am
If you are purchasing your teenager a car this year, safety is a priority. You want to choose a vehicle that will provide safe transportation for your child. Once you have purchased the vehicle, you should put together an “essential car kit” for your teen driver. Below is a list of essential items our car accident attorney believes you need in your car. Review each item in the car kit and explain why you should always have these items in any car they own.
- Spare Tire and Tools: You never know where you may be when you have a flat tire. Yes, cell phones are great, and you can call for help if you are stranded. However, you may be in a situation where you need to change the tire yourself. It is a good idea to teach your teen driver how to change the tire in case of an emergency.
- Jumper Cables : The same goes for jumper cables because you never know when you might get into your car and have a dead battery. Jumper cables are easy to use and can mean the difference in being stranded for a few minutes or a few hours.
- Flares : If you are broken down, or an accident happens at night, having warning flares is always helpful. You can avoid another accident by warning other drivers of your stranded vehicle.
- First Aid Kit: Always carry a first aid kit with all the essentials in your car. You can find pre-packaged first aid kits at many retailers online and offline. Be sure to check the expiration dates periodically to ensure all items are ready to use in the event of an emergency.
- Energy Bars and Water : You never expect to be stranded, but when it happens, it is good to have a supply of food and water with you. Energy bars and bottled water are perfect to get you through until help reaches you.
- Phone Charger : You don’t want to be stranded or lost with a dead cell phone battery. Having a phone charger in the car at all times means you never need to worry about not having a phone when you need it the most.
- Vehicle Owner’s Manual : The owner’s manual provides vital information about the vehicle’s operating systems. The information in the manual can help you troubleshoot some problems so you can get home or to another location safely.
- Insurance and Contact Information : In addition to having a copy of your insurance information in your car at all times, have a written list of important contact information in case of an emergency. If you are in a serious accident, emergency personnel can use the contact information to notify your family. You should also keep the numbers to your mechanic, insurance agent, towing service, roadside assistance, and other important contacts in your vehicle.
Call a Sacramento Car Accident Attorney for Help
If you are injured in a car accident, the attorneys of the Tiemann Law Firm can help. You can reach our Sacramento car accident attorney at (916) 999-9000 or by visiting our website. Our law firm serves clients in Sacramento, Folsom, Roseville, El Dorado Hills and other communities in the greater Sacramento area.