HOW TO HIRE A MEDICAL MALPRACTICE ATTORNEY
Posted on Thursday, June 25th, 2015 at 2:27 am
Tips on How to Hire a Medical Malpractice Attorney in Sacramento, California
Every day we depend on healthcare professionals to help us when we are sick or injured. We would never expect that the very doctors we depend on for our good health would actually make a mistake that could cause us more harm. Unfortunately mistakes are made and when this does happen to you or a loved one you need an experienced medical malpractice attorney to defend your rights. We have provided helpful tips here on how to find and hire a good medical malpractice lawyer in California.
First of all never rush in selecting a medical malpractice attorney. Take some extra time now to interview them to make sure that they are the best attorney for you. There are many important qualities to look for in an attorney. Here’s some factors to consider:
- Do they have a proven track record representing medical malpractice claims like yours?
- Do you have confidence in the attorney’s ability to guide you through the case?
- Do you think that you can work with this attorney for an extended period of time?
- Can they provide you with an educated estimate on your case value?
- Will they charge you legal fees that are within industry standards?
How can you find a California medical malpractice lawyer
One of the best ways to find a good lawyer is to get a referral from friends and family. Social media is also a good way to ask many people at once. More than likely someone you know, knows someone that has used a good attorney at one time or another. Even if the medical malpractice lawyer you find doesn’t live near you they will usually be able to refer you to a good one in your area. You can also contact our Sacramento malpractice attorneys for a free no obligation case evaluation.
Questions to ask a Sacramento Medical Malpractice Attorney
When you first meet to interview a potential medical malpractice attorney for your case your will want to prepare some important questions for them. Make sure to focus on the critical questions that will help you determine if they will be the best attorney for your case like:
- How long have you been practicing law and want is your firms primary practice area?
- How many medical malpractice cases have you represented in Sacramento?
- What are some of the strategies you have used in malpractice cases like mine?
- Have you ever handled a case exactly like mine?
- What are your fees if we settle the case or if it ends up going to a jury trial?
- What do you think the value of my malpractice claim will be?
- Can I speak to any former clients of yours?
Another important area of questions is how well will the attorney and their staff communicate with your during your case. Keep in mind that many medical malpractice cases can go on for months if not years. You will want to ask some questions about the attorney’s communications standards like:
- Are you available after hours to discuss important matters as they occur?
- How quickly do you and your staff return phone calls?
- Who will I be primarily working with once the case begins?
After meeting with multiple Sacramento malpractice attorneys you will want to determine which one will be best qualified for your claim. Review all the candidates and the answers they provided you. Try to determine which one will most likely represent you in the most professional manner. If you still can’t decide between a few attorney candidates call some of their former clients to get a better idea of which one is the better malpractice attorney for you. Making the right decision now could be the difference of many thousands of dollars in the compensation you get.
Free Legal Advice from a Sacramento Medical Malpractice Attorney
If you would like a free consultation contact our Sacramento medical malpractice attorneys. Here, at the Tiemann Law Firm, our medical malpractice lawyers are dedicated to helping you and your family secure the financial help you need and deserve. Our Sacramento and Folsom, CA medical malpractice attorneys will meet with you free of charge, and if we take your case, we will charge no attorneys’ fees unless you receive compensation. Clients come to us from not only Sacramento but also Folsom, Citrus Heights, Rocklin and other areas in Northern California and greater Sacramento, California.