HOLIDAY ACCIDENTS IN SACRAMENTO — WHAT DO YOU NEED TO KNOW?
Posted on Tuesday, December 10th, 2019 at 11:16 pm
Holiday accidents can quickly ruin the holiday season for you and your family. Unfortunately, the holidays can be a time when personal injury cases increase. Our legal team genuinely hopes that your holiday season is safe and enjoyable. However, if you or a family member is injured in an accident during the holidays, we are here to help.
Our Sacramento personal injury law firm handles a variety of holiday accidents, including injuries related to:
- DUI Accidents
- Car Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Dog Attacks
- Product Liability Claims
- Elder Abuse
- Slip and Falls (Premises Liability Claims)
- Bicycle Accidents
Steps to Take After Holiday Accidents
The steps you take after holiday accidents are important. Some of the things that you do after holiday accidents increase your chance of receiving full compensation for your damages and injuries. However, some of the things that you do after holiday accidents could harm your chance of recovering full compensation.
Our Sacramento personal injury lawyers recommend that you take the following steps, whenever possible, after being injured in an accident:
- Report the accident and injury immediately. Call 911 for traffic accidents and report falls or other injuries on another person’s property to the property owner. Contact animal control or law enforcement agencies to report dog attacks.
- Don’t delay seeking medical care for your injuries. Seeing a doctor as quickly as possible protects your health, but it also helps with your personal injury claim by documenting your accident injuries.
- Try to document the accident scene by taking photographs, making a video, and asking eyewitnesses for their names and contact numbers.
- Don’t talk to an insurance company before you speak with our Sacramento personal injury lawyers. The insurance company typically records all conversations, even if they do not tell you they are doing so. What you say to an insurance company could have a huge impact on the case.
- Keep detailed records of your expenses and financial losses related to holiday accidents. Also, keep notes about your physical pain, emotional distress, and other details related to how your injuries impact your life after the accident.
- As soon as possible, schedule a free case review with one of our Sacramento personal injury attorneys. Our lawyers can provide additional advice regarding your accident claim, options for recovering compensation for your claim, and steps to take to protect your legal rights.
How Much Compensation Can I Receive for My Accident Claim?
The value of your accident claim depends on several factors, including but not limited to:
- Your injuries;
- Amount of financial losses;
- Whether you sustained permanent impairments;
- Available insurance coverage;
- Your responsibility for the accident; and,
- The laws that apply to your personal injury claim.
Our legal team works diligently to investigate holiday accidents to determine liability and gather evidence proving fault. We also work with clients to gather evidence proving damages to maximize the amount they can receive for their injury claims.
We understand that money does not undo the harm caused by a negligent or careless person. However, we also understand that compensation can help pay for ongoing medical care, counseling, and other treatment. It can also compensate you for the financial losses incurred because of the accident. Therefore, we fight for maximum compensation in every case.
Contact Our Sacramento Personal Injury Law Firm for a Free Case Review
Contact The Tiemann Law Firm at (916) 999-9000 or by visiting our website to schedule a free consultation with one of our California personal injury lawyers.