FOUR IMPORTANT QUESTIONS TO ASK YOUR SACRAMENTO PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEY
Posted on Wednesday, December 27th, 2017 at 12:07 am
When you meet with your personal injury attorney to discuss your accident, we suggest that you ask the attorney these four questions:
- What is my claim worth?
- An experienced personal injury attorney who is being honest with you will tell you that he or she needs to perform a thorough investigation to determine the correct value of your claim. Trying to value a claim too early or without enough information can result in an underpayment to you. Our lawyers want to maximize the amount of money you can receive for your personal injury claim. Therefore, we will keep you informed about the progress of valuing your claim, but we will not rush to give you an exact amount until we are sure that we have all relevant information to get you the most money we can for your losses and damages.
- How do I pay your fee?
It is important to understand how your attorney will be compensated. Our attorneys accept most personal injury cases on a contingency fee basis. We want you to have access to experienced legal counsel without worrying about whether you are going to pay our fee or pay your living expenses. We understand money may be tight right now, especially if you are out of work. Therefore, you do not pay our attorney fees until we settle your claim.
- What damages can I recover from a personal injury claim?
It is also important to understand the damages allowed in a personal injury claim so that you can work closely with your attorney to provide evidence of these damages. You must document your damages and provide proof of damages to recover compensation from the other party. In most cases, injury victims are entitled to receive compensation for both financial and non-economic damages including:
- Cost of medical treatment, including the expense of future or ongoing medical treatments
- Loss of income, including the loss of future wages or income or the loss of earning capacity
- Loss of property
- Permanent disability, disfigurement, and scarring
- Emotional and mental stress and anguish
- Physical pain and suffering
- Other out-of-pocket expenses related to the accident, your injury, and your recovery
- Will my case go to court?
Again, an experienced personal injury attorney will tell you that he or she cannot predict whether a case will need to go to court. However, our attorneys will explain that we try to settle your claim as quickly as possible without reducing the amount of money you can receive for your claim. Sometimes, an insurance company refuses to negotiate a fair settlement. In those cases, our attorneys are prepared to file a lawsuit to vigorously fight for your right to just and fair compensation for damages. Our lawyers are experienced trial attorneys and skilled negotiators. Our goal is to get you the best possible outcome for your injury claim.
Get Answers to Your Questions About California Personal Injury Claims
We encourage you to contact The Tiemann Law Firm by calling (916) 999-9000 to schedule a free consultation with one of our Sacramento personal injury lawyers. We want to hear your story and explain how we can help you recover the money you deserve from the negligent party who caused your injury. Do not settle for less than you deserve without getting free legal advice from an experienced attorney.