HOW TO FIND THE BEST CAR INSURANCE RATES
Posted on Wednesday, September 13th, 2017 at 1:58 am
Every driver in California is required to maintain minimum insurance coverage. Drivers are required to have $15,000 in liability insurance for bodily injury or death ($30,000 per incident) and $5,000 in liability insurance for property damage. Liability insurance pays compensation to victims when you cause an accident. To meet your financial responsibility, you can purchase an insurance policy from a licensed insurance company, place a cash deposit of $35,000 with the DMV, apply for a surety bond of $35,000, or obtain a DMV-issued self-insurance certificate.
Most individuals choose to purchase a liability insurance policy to satisfy the requirements for car insurance in California. However, for some people, car insurance can be very expensive. Depending on your driving record and other factors, you could pay thousands of dollars per year in insurance costs. There are some ways you can try to lower this cost so that you can remain legal while paying less for insurance.
Tips for Lowering Your Car Insurance Cost
- Shop Around — Insurance companies offer different rates based on several factors. You might be able to find a company with a lower premium if you shop around. However, only purchase coverage from a well-known company authorized to do business in California. You want your insurance company to be there to help you in the event of an accident.
- Ask for Discounts — Many insurance companies offer discounts for multiple policies, safe driving records, driver’s education courses, anti-theft systems, etc. In addition, ask about the various discounts each company offers to reduce the amount of the premium.
- Consider Higher Deductibles — The amount of your premium may decrease if you increase the amount of your deductible. However, be careful that you do not increase the deductible to an amount that you could not afford to pay if you need to file a claim against your insurance coverage.
- Ask About Service Fees — Each company has its own service fees and other costs associated with the policy. Make sure you ask about these fees as you shop around. Some companies charge more in fees than other companies charge.
- Carefully Consider Coverage — You need to purchase sufficient coverage to protect yourself, your family, and your assets. However, there could be types of coverage you do not need. Review each type of insurance coverage with your agent and carefully consider whether you truly need the coverage (e. towing, roadside assistance, collision, etc.).
Read Your Policy!
Always read the fine print before you sign on the dotted line. Make sure you ask questions until you understand the coverage you are purchasing. You need to know the term of your insurance policy, the premium amount, what is covered by the policy, and what is not covered by the policy. You do not want to be in a position of needing insurance coverage and discovering you do not have that type of coverage.
Call for a Free Consultation with a Sacramento Car Accident Lawyer
Dealing with insurance adjusters and sorting out insurance matters can be frustrating and difficult after a car accident. Therefore, let our Sacramento car accident attorneys handle these matters for you. You need to focus on your recovery and your health.
Contact The Tiemann Law Firm by telephone at (916) 999-9000 or by visiting our website. Our law firm serves clients in Sacramento, Folsom, Roseville, El Dorado Hills and other communities in the greater Sacramento area.