You were injured in a personal injury accident, and you are ready to discuss filing an injury claim against the party or parties responsible for your injuries. We encourage you to contact our office to schedule a free consultation with a Sacramento personal injury attorney if you have not already done so. Below is a checklist that you can use as you prepare for your first meeting with our attorney.
However, we want to be very clear. We care more about you, your recovery, and your story. While it is very helpful to have the information and documentation below, it is not necessary. We want to talk to you about your accident and your current situation. Our focus is on helping you understand your legal rights and your options for obtaining compensation for your injuries and losses.
Therefore, if you have the information or documentation below, please bring it with you to the first appointment, but do not let a lack of anything on the checklist keep you from speaking to an attorney.
Checklist for Meeting with a Personal Injury Attorney
- Copy of police report and accident report
- Copies of insurance policies related to the accident (i.e. homeowner’s insurance, car insurance, disability insurance, medical pay, etc.)
- The name and contact information of each insurance adjuster or other party who you have talked to about the accident or your injuries
- Copies of any medical records and statements from physicians or medical providers
- Copies of any correspondence from attorneys or insurance providers
- Information obtained from the accident scene, such as photographs and names of eyewitnesses
- Medical bills and other evidence of expenses and costs related to the accident, your injuries, and your recovery
- Proof of income and the dates you have missed work because of the accident
- A list of all medical providers who treated you after the accident
It can also be very helpful to make notes about what you remember about the accident. Small details could be very important. Your notes do not need to be full sentences or paragraphs. The information is to help you relate to your personal injury attorney what happened before and after the accident.
You may also want to include a list of questions you want to ask the personal injury attorney. We want to learn about you during the appointment, but we also want you to leave with answers to the questions you have about accident claims.
Get Peace of Mind and Learn About Your Legal Rights by Calling a Sacramento Personal Injury Attorney
Being injured in an accident can turn your life upside down. If you are unsure about what you need to do to protect your rights, contact our office for a free case review. You do not need to handle an insurance claim alone.
For a free consultation with one of our Sacramento accident lawyers, call The Tiemann Law Firm at (916) 999-9000. We are here for you to listen to what happened to you and provide you with the legal advice, guidance, and support you need as you continue to recover from a tragic accident.