AVOID CAR ACCIDENTS OVER THE LABOR DAY WEEKEND
Posted on Friday, September 1st, 2017 at 1:41 am
Happy Labor Day! Are you planning a last-minute trip to enjoy the long holiday weekend? If so, you are not alone. Many families and couples will head out on Friday or Saturday to enjoy the weekend. The attorneys and staff of The Tiemann Law Firm hope you enjoy your weekend and have a safe holiday with family and friends.
Increased Risk of Car Accidents
Labor Day is a busy travel period each year. More vehicles will be on the road as families enjoy one last get-away at the end of summer. Because we want you to be safe, we offer the following safe driving tips to help you avoid a car accident this Labor Day Weekend.
- Wear your seat belt every time you are in the vehicle. We cannot stress enough how important it is for you to buckle up. Studies show that wearing your safety belt can decrease your risk of severe injury or death in a traffic accident. Make sure your children are secured in a child safety seat appropriate for the child’s age, weight, and height.
- Get a good night’s sleep before driving. Drowsy or fatigued driving can be just as dangerous as drunk driving. Get plenty of rest before you drive to reduce the risk of an accident.
- Leave early to allow for traffic. You know there will be more traffic on the roads. Leaving early helps reduce the feeling of being rushed.
- Never get behind the wheel of a vehicle after drinking. Have a designated driver or use an alternative form of transportation (e. taxi, Uber, bus, etc.).
- Allow more distance between you and the vehicle in front of you in case you need to stop quickly because of traffic. Tailgating can result in a costly and tragic accident.
- Avoid distractions while driving. Having a passenger act as navigator and operate the GPS. Distracted driving is extremely dangerous at any time, but especially in heavy traffic situations.
- If you encounter an aggressive driver or a driver with road rage, do not engage the driver. Put as much distance between you and the driver so he can just move on without incident.
For more information about safety while traveling during the holidays, you can visit the AAA Exchange website.
Call a Sacramento Personal Injury Lawyer
We hope your Labor Day Weekend is enjoyable and safe. However, if you are injured because of a negligent driver, we are here to help. Call The Tiemann Law Firm at (916) 999-9000 to schedule a free consultation when you return home. You may also contact our office by visiting our website.