Posted on Monday, October 24th, 2016 at 12:15 am
Driving can be very dangerous. You can take every precaution to keep yourself and your loved ones safe on the road, including wearing your seat belt, driving the speed limit, and limiting distractions, but you cannot control what other drivers do behind the wheel of a vehicle. When a driver makes a poor decision, the resulting car crash can change the lives of other people forever.
Consider these California traffic accident statistics:
- 223,128 people were injured in vehicle traffic accidents during 2013
- 3,074 people were killed in vehicle traffic accidents during 2014
- Alcohol-related traffic accidents resulted in 882 deaths in 2014, which represented 29 percent of traffic-related fatalities that year
- Of drivers killed in motor vehicle accidents during 2013 who were tested for drugs, 32 percent tested positive for legal and/or illegal drugs
- Deaths from motorcycle accidents in 2014 totaled 519, which is an increase from 2013 to 2014 of 12.1 percent
- The number of teen drivers killed in motor vehicle accidents increased by 26.4 percent from 2013 to 2014
- The number of teen motor vehicle fatalities during 2014 equaled 220
- 697 pedestrians were killed in motor vehicles crashes during 2014
- 128 bicyclists died in bicycle accidents in 2014
- 5,209 people were injured and 256 people were killed in traffic accidents involving trucks during 2013
Have You Been Injured In A Sacramento Traffic Accident?
If you have been injured in a traffic accident, it is important that you take steps to protect yourself and your right to recover compensation from the driver who caused the accident.
Your first step is to seek medical attention for your injuries. Even if you believe your injuries are not severe, you should still see a doctor as soon as possible. Failing to seek medical attention can have serious consequences for your health, as well as, negative consequences for your accident claim. The insurance company for the other driver may argue that you were not as seriously injured as you claim or that you were injured in an incident that occurred after the traffic accident because you failed to seek medical attention immediately after the collision.
After you have taken care of your health care needs, contact our office to schedule a free legal consultation with our Sacramento accident attorney. The insurance adjuster may pressure you to sign a release or provide a statement. This is NOT in your best interest. To protect your right to recover a fair and full settlement for your accident claim, you need to consult with an experienced attorney as soon as possible.
The insurance adjuster does NOT work for you and he does NOT represent your best interest. You need someone working on your behalf that has your best interest as his top priority. Let us protect your legal rights while you focus on your recovery.
Call Our Sacramento Personal Injury Law Firm For A Free Consultation
If you have been injured in a traffic accident, we want to help. Our Sacramento accident attorneys have the skills, experience, and resources you need on your side when you are fighting an insurance company for compensation for your injuries.
Contact the Tiemann Law Firm by calling (916) 999-9000 or by chatting with a representative on our website. Our attorneys offer free case evaluations and free legal consultations for accident victims and their families.
California Highway Patrol, SWITRS 2013 Report
California Office of Traffic Safety, Traffic Safety Quick Facts 2014