Stay Safe on the Road this Thanksgiving
Posted on Wednesday, November 16th, 2022 at 2:27 pm
Get ready for the biggest travel day of the year! Yes, gas prices are at a record high, but air travel is worse and with coronavirus risk significantly decreased, many drivers are expected to take to the road to get to their Thanksgiving destination. This means an increased chance of car accidents. Below are some risks to be aware of:
- The Late Family—there’s bound to be extra cars and traffic jams on the way to “grandmother’s house” for the big feast. Those families who don’t build extra time into their schedule may be speeding and taking unnecessary risks to shave a few seconds off their trip.
- The Overachiever—this driver left his home way before the sun was up so he could make the long 14-hour drive to his turkey spot in only one day. It’s likely as the sun is high in the sky (and possibly in his eyes) that he’ll start to nod off and may drift into your lane or worse, your car.
- The Mom with Cranky Kids—taking her eyes off the road even for just a couple of seconds to send some more snacks or a new DVD into the back seat to calm fidgeting little ones is all it takes for an accident to happen.
- The Grandpa that Shouldn’t Be Driving—lots of cars, quick lane changes and unexpected detours can shake up an older driver. Reaction times aren’t what they used to be, and when a hazard suddenly appears in front of them, they may not be able to make the necessary adjustments in time.
- The Trucker Who Wants to Make it Home for Thanksgiving—everyone’s pressed for time and more frenzied at the holidays. This can lead to shortcuts on loading a truck or maintenance that may result in an accident.
- Too Much Spiked Apple Cider—it’s a time of celebration, but sometimes drivers who’ve had too much of a good alcoholic beverage make the mistake of getting behind the wheel with devastating consequences.
We wish all our clients a happy and safe Thanksgiving! Remember, if you’re involved in an accident we’re here to help. Our experienced attorneys will investigate, explain your rights, and walk with you step by step until your case is resolved and you get the compensation you’re entitled to.
Have you or a loved one been a victim of a DUI, car, truck, or motorcycle accident, dog attack, or a slip and fall incident? If so, Tiemann Law Firm can help. Our experienced personal injury attorneys will fight for the compensation you deserve. Contact us today for a free, same-day consultation by calling (916) 999-9000.