Sacramento Tow Truck Accident Lawyers
Were you in an accident with a tow truck in Sacramento? Were you or someone you love seriously injured as a result? If your tow truck accident and injury were caused by someone else’s negligence, you should consider filing a personal injury claim or lawsuit for compensation. The Sacramento truck accident lawyers at Tiemann Law Firm have years of experience helping Northern California residents get just and fair compensation for their injuries, and they can use this experience to help you and the people you love.
Call Tiemann Law Firm today at (916) 999-9000 for a free, same-day consultation, and let us review your case to determine whether you are eligible for compensation. We’re standing by to help you get the restitution you deserve. Call today.
Why Hire Tiemann Law Firm for My Tow Truck Accident?
We’ve spent the last several years building a reputation as attorneys that get the job done and get positive outcomes for our clients. We’ve seen injury claims of all types, from minor whiplash claims to accidents ending in long-term disability, and are intimately familiar with the claims process and how to make it work for our clients.
We believe in treating our clients with a personal touch. We understand that accidents happen when we least expect them, and even the simplest car or truck accident can have dramatic long-term effects. We know that an accident can leave you with a heavy burden, physically and mentally, and we’re prepared to help you carry that burden until we can get you the restitution you need to move on.
We’ve found great success with this mindset. We’ve helped thousands of clients get the help they need, to the tune of several million dollars in settlements and awards, and though we can’t guarantee you’ll receive compensation for your injury, we will use the same skills and experience to get you a positive outcome that we’ve used in the past.
Do I Need a Lawyer for My Tow Truck Accident?
If your accident was caused by another party’s negligence and ended in serious injury that caused you financial strain, you deserve to be compensated for your losses. Hiring an attorney to assist with your claim might seem like an extravagance, but in reality, it’s necessary to make sure you’re getting all the compensation you deserve.
We can do more than write strongly-worded letters. We will bring all our skills and experience to bear on your case, leaving no stone unturned in our pursuit of evidence and documentation to support your claim. We will take on the work of building your claim, interviewing witnesses, dealing with insurance adjusters, and negotiating a fair and just settlement on your behalf, so that you can take the time you need to recover from your injuries or help your family to do the same.
We provide more than solid legal counsel. We are advocates for you and your best interest throughout the entire process. When you hire us to represent you, you have a dedicated, knowledgeable, tenacious team of attorneys that want to get you the help you need to move on after an accident. Having an attorney isn’t absolutely necessary, but it certainly helps.
Steps to Take After an Accident in Sacramento
If you’ve just been in an accident with a tow truck, here are some helpful tips to keep yourself safe and start building your claim for compensation:
- Get to safety. If you’re able, move the accident out of any active roadways or safety hazards to assess injuries and determine next steps.
- Get medical attention immediately. Even if you’ve only suffered minor injuries, call 911 and get emergency medical assistance. When they arrive, submit to a full evaluation. Many injuries don’t manifest until long after the accident, so don’t take any chances.
- Watch what you say. Don’t discuss the circumstances of the accident with any other involved parties. Even apologizing for the inconvenience may be construed as admitting fault, so don’t take the risk. Just keep quiet.
- Take photos. If you’re able, start gathering documentation for your claim right away by taking photos of the scene. Anything that might prove negligence will be invaluable, so the more information you can gather at the scene, the better. Photos of the damaged vehicles, injuries sustained, or road conditions will all be helpful.
- Get witness contact information. If there are any eyewitnesses, try to get their contact information before they leave the scene. Your attorney may want to speak to them regarding their experience.
- Get accident reports and medical records. If you’re interviewed by a law enforcement officer, make sure to request a copy of the accident report, and if you’re treated by a medical professional, get a copy of their report as well.
- Get legal representation. It’s important to retain legal counsel as soon as possible after the accident and certainly, before you sign anything provided by the responsible party’s insurance company.
What Kind of Compensation Can I Get for My Tow Truck Accident?
Compensation depends on several factors, such as the severity of the accident and injury. In general, the more severe the injury, the more you should demand in compensation, though there are exceptions. The circumstances that led to your accident and injury greatly influence the amount of compensation you’re entitled to.
Determining the exact amount you may receive is nearly impossible without a review of your circumstances and medical records, as each injury and claim are unique.
You can be compensated for any losses you suffered as a result of the accident. This applies to material or financial losses sustained as a result of medical bills or property damage, but it also applies to immaterial losses that affect your overall well-being and mental health.
Material losses are called economic damages. Here are some examples:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Property Damage
- Loss of employment
Immaterial losses are called non-economic damages. These take a bit more experience to understand and quantify but are just as important as economic damages. Some examples of non-economic damages include:
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Mental anguish
- Emotional Distress
Your attorney will review your case and help you determine what types of damages apply to your injury.
Causes of Tow Truck Accidents in Sacramento
Like other large vehicles, tow trucks have distinct features that make them more dangerous to share the road with than passenger vehicles. They are larger, heavier, slower, have less visibility, and have slower reaction times than cars, especially while towing another vehicle.
Some causes of tow truck accidents include:
- Distracted driving. Tow truck drivers often have to juggle several tasks, all while towing a car or truck that blocks their rearward visibility.
- Aggressive driving. Tow trucks sometimes try to move quickly through high-traffic roadways to make it to the scene of an accident, as the first truck to make it to the scene gets the work of towing the damaged vehicles. This aggressive driving can lead to accidents.
- Mechanical failures. Tow trucks have many moving parts and mechanical systems that are used day in and day out. These systems can wear out, and without regular maintenance, might fail on the road, causing accidents and injuries.
- Blocking a roadway without signage. If a car crash partially blocks the roadway, the tow truck driver must sometimes block traffic as they maneuver into position to load the damaged vehicles. If they don’t have adequate signage posted to notify other drivers of the hazard, accidents can result.
- Poor weather. Loading a damaged vehicle onto a tow truck in inclement weather is a recipe for disaster. The low visibility combined with slippery road conditions makes this a particularly dangerous scenario.
How Much Does an Attorney Cost for My Tow Truck Accident?
We fully understand and appreciate the financial strain an accident can place on you and your family, and we still want to provide our clients with top-tier legal counsel. This is why we operate on a contingency fee basis. This means that our clients have no up-front costs for our services. We sign on to represent you, build and submit your claim, and if necessary, represent you in court. Only if we are successful at getting you compensation, either through a settlement or award, do we take a percentage for our fee. If we aren’t successful in getting you compensation, you pay nothing.
Call Today for a Free Same-Day Consultation
There is a statute of limitations on filing personal injury lawsuits in California, so if you’ve been injured in a tow truck accident, don’t wait any longer. Contact the experienced attorneys at Tiemann Law Firm today for a free consultation. We will review your case and determine whether you have a valid claim for compensation, and present you with all available options.
You have nothing to lose, so call (916) 999-9000 today, and let us help you get the just compensation you deserve.