Sacramento Tanker Truck Accident Attorneys
Have you or someone you love been in an accident with a tanker truck in Sacramento? Did this accident injure you severely, and was it the result of another’s negligence? If so, you should contact the Sacramento truck accident attorneys of Tiemann Law Firm right away and schedule a free consultation. You may be eligible for compensation for your injuries by filing a personal injury claim or lawsuit.
Call (916) 999-9000 today, and let the experienced attorneys at Tiemann Law Firm review your case to determine whether you have a valid claim for compensation. Don’t let a tanker truck accident ruin your future plans. Call for a free, same-day consultation, and let us help you get the compensation you deserve.
Why Hire Tiemann Law Firm for My Tanker Truck Accident?
We have been helping Northern California residents get the compensation they need after an accident for years, and we can use that experience and knowledge to help you and your family. We take pride in providing competent, tenacious legal representation to any and all who need it, regardless of how mild or severe the accident or injury. We’ve seen all types of personal injury claims, from premises liability accidents to wrongful death cases, and we know how to get positive outcomes for our clients.
We do more than just help you get the compensation you deserve. We will take the time to establish a relationship with you, listen to your side of the story, and advise you about all the legal options available to you. We will stand by you throughout the entire process, from submitting a demand letter to filing a lawsuit, and keep an open line of communication at all times so you get the full benefit of our knowledge and experience.
Our level of service and wealth of experience has yielded fantastic results. We’ve successfully recovered millions of dollars in compensation for our clients, and we can do the same for you. Although we can’t guarantee that we can obtain compensation for every claim, we can guarantee that we will work tirelessly to get you the money you need after a tanker truck accident.
Do I Need an Attorney for My Tanker Truck Accident?
If your accident and injuries are severe enough that they caused you or your family financial strain or affected your quality of life, you should consider hiring an attorney to assist with your claim. Although California law certainly doesn’t require you to hire a lawyer to file a claim, doing so can give you the advantage in ways you may not realize.
Our experience with injury law and the claims process will make the entire ordeal easier and smoother for you. We can help you prevent novice mistakes and make sure your claim is complete, free of errors, and supported by evidence before it’s submitted. There are many obstacles and pitfalls that you may not be aware of, and an experienced attorney can guide you through the legal process and provide the support you need during this difficult time.
Insurance companies tend to move quickly after an accident to protect their customers from liability and sometimes use underhanded or downright dishonest tactics when speaking to claimants. When they take a statement after your accident, they may try to convince you that hiring an attorney isn’t necessary and offer you a quick settlement in the hopes that you won’t have a lawyer review it to make sure you’re getting the full amount you deserve. We know how to deal with pushy insurance adjusters, and we can help you counter these tactics.
You may think that hiring a lawyer for your case is an extravagance you can’t afford, but we understand the financial strain an accident and injury can place on you. This is why we operate on a contingency fee basis. It works like this. You schedule a free consultation, and we review your case. If we believe you have a valid claim, we sign on to represent you and start building your case. We will do all the work. We will gather evidence and documents, interview eyewitnesses or expert witnesses, and build a claim that is based on fact and supported by evidence and testimony. Throughout this process, you pay nothing. There are no upfront costs.
We take the lead in negotiating with the insurance company to get you the highest amount of compensation possible. If we come to an agreement, you are issued payment, and the process ends. If negotiations fail, we are fully prepared to take your case to court and fight for the restitution you deserve. Again, throughout this process, you pay nothing.
If we are successful in obtaining a settlement or verdict in your favor, we take a percentage of the amount you receive. It’s that simple. If we are not successful in obtaining some form of compensation for you, you owe us nothing. You only pay for our services if we get you money.
Steps to Take After a Tanker Truck Accident
If you’ve just been in an accident with a tanker truck, here are some helpful tips to keep yourself safe and start building your case for compensation:
- Get to safety. If you are in an active roadway, clear it as soon as possible and get all involved parties to a safe place where you can assess any injuries and discuss the next steps to take.
- Call 911. Get emergency medical services on-site as soon as possible, and call the police and advise them of the accident. California law requires that you notify police if the accident caused injury or there was property damage in excess of $1,000.
- Get a full medical evaluation. When EMTs arrive, submit to a full evaluation, even if you don’t think the accident was severe. Some injuries take time to manifest and may be hard to detect.
- Start documenting. If you’re able, start gathering documentation of the accident immediately. Take photos of the damaged vehicles, road conditions, location of the accident, or any visible injuries. Get a copy of the accident report from law enforcement and a record of any medical treatment you received.
- Don’t say anything. Don’t speak to the other parties involved in the accident about who was responsible or how it happened, and certainly don’t speak to any insurance adjusters or sign anything without an attorney present. Even apologizing for the inconvenience to someone involved in the accident can be taken as admitting fault, so watch what you say.
- Get legal help immediately. Retain legal counsel as soon as possible. Give your attorney all the information you can, and follow their instructions. They will advise you on what your next steps should be.
Common Types of Tanker Truck Accidents in Sacramento
Like many other large vehicles, tanker trucks are rolling road hazards. They are larger, heavier, less maneuverable, their drivers can’t see their surroundings as well as passenger vehicle drivers can, and tankers require special licensing to operate safely. Full-size tanker trucks can be over 70 feet long and weigh upwards of 80,000 pounds, which is more than 20 times the weight of a standard passenger car. When these vehicles get involved in accidents, injuries can be severe and costly.
This is compounded by the fact that these vehicles very often carry hazardous liquid cargo such as petrochemicals or industrial chemicals that can spill on the roadway after an accident, increasing the danger even more. These loads are not secured like solid materials, and the sloshing of liquid cargo in transit can make tanker trucks more susceptible to rollovers when turning or stopping too quickly.
Some of the more common accident types involving tanker trucks include:
- Rollover accidents
- Lost cargo accidents
- Underride accidents
- Override accidents
- Rear-end collisions
- Head-on collisions
- Broadside accidents
Unique Hazards Associated with Tanker Truck Accidents
An accident with a tanker truck is bad enough, but if it is carrying hazardous or flammable chemicals, the danger increases exponentially. Some of those dangers include:
- Even loads that aren’t considered hazardous can cause a fire if the tank of a truck is ruptured during an accident. Powdered materials such as sugar or powdered metals can ignite easily and cause severe injury.
- If a tank is pressurized and ruptures after a collision with another vehicle, the entire tank may explode and spread hazardous materials over a large area.
- Toxic fumes. A tanker truck carrying chemicals need not explode or catch fire to present a real danger. Inhaling toxic fumes from a chemical spill can be more dangerous than fires, as fumes are invisible and harder to avoid.
- Chemical burns. If an accident with a tanker truck ends with caustic chemicals spilled on an open roadway, chemical burns can cause severe and painful injuries from accidental contact.
Call Today for a Free Consultation
If you or someone you love was injured in a tanker truck accident, don’t wait any longer. Call the attorneys at Tiemann Law Firm today for a free consultation. We will review your case and make you aware of all the legal options available to you at no charge.
California has a strict statute of limitations on filing a personal injury lawsuit, so call (916) 999-9000 today, and let us help you get the compensation you deserve after a tanker truck accident.