Sacramento Moving Van/Truck Accident Attorneys
Have you been in an accident with a moving van or truck in Sacramento? Did this accident severely injure you or someone you love? If so, you may be eligible for compensation through a personal injury claim or lawsuit.
The Sacramento truck accident attorneys at Tiemann Law Firm have years of experience helping Northern California residents get the compensation they deserve after a truck accident, and they can put that knowledge to work for you. Call Tiemann Law Firm today at (916) 999-9000 for a free, same-day consultation, and let us review your case to see if a personal injury claim or lawsuit is right for you. Don’t let an accident with a moving van or truck derail your future plans. Call us today, and get the help you need.
Why Hire Tiemann Law Firm for My Moving Van Accident?
You have several options when it comes to legal representation in Sacramento, so why should you choose Tiemann Law Firm?
The simple and most direct answer is that we get the results our clients demand. We’ve successfully obtained millions of dollars in settlements and awards for our clients, and though we can’t guarantee a positive outcome in every case, we can guarantee that the dedicated, tenacious team of attorneys that achieved these results will work just as diligently for you and your family.
The longer answer is that we provide a level of service and attention that is a step above the rest. We provide compassionate, comprehensive, and competent legal counsel for all of our clients, no matter the type of injury or claim. A victim of a slip and fall injury is just as important to us as a family filing suit for a wrongful death claim. Each case and injury is unique, and we take pride in getting to know our clients and listening to your individual perspective on the events that occurred.
We are not here to rake in settlement checks. We’re here to help people just like you get the just and fair compensation they deserve.
Do I Need an Attorney for My Moving Truck Accident?
If your accident was caused by another party’s negligence and resulted in injuries, then you may have a valid claim for compensation. Hiring an attorney to assist you isn’t absolutely necessary, but there are pitfalls and obstacles that an experienced attorney can help you avoid.
As your attorney, we take on the work of building your claim and making it as strong as possible. We shoulder the burden of interviewing witnesses and gathering evidence, so you can recover from your injuries or get back to your life. We will field the calls from insurance adjusters and negotiate a settlement on your behalf that is fair, just, and appropriately compensates you for your losses, financial or otherwise.
Our knowledge and experience can help the claims process proceed more smoothly. We can help you avoid novice mistakes that may get your claim delayed or denied and guide you from filing the initial claim for injury all the way to filing a lawsuit against the responsible party in court, if necessary.
Common Types of Moving Truck Accidents in Sacramento
Moving vans or trucks share some of the disadvantages of other large vehicles on the road. They tend to be larger, heavier, and their drivers can see their surroundings less well than those in passenger cars, and they tend to operate just as much on neighborhood streets as they do on larger roads and highways. This places them in closer proximity to passenger cars than some other large vehicles. They also tend to carry cargo that may have been loaded quickly without much thought for safety, and that cargo may not be secured as well as it would be on other large vehicles like semi-trucks. This makes them prone to causing accidents. Some of the more common types of large vehicle accidents we see include the following:
- Rollover accidents
- Head-on collisions
- Rear-end collisions
- Underride accidents
- Override accidents
- Broadside accidents
- Right turn accidents
- Blind spot accidents
- Loose cargo accidents
- Jackknife accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Bicycle accidents
Common Injuries Suffered from Moving Van Accidents
Moving vans can cause a wide array of injuries due to their overall size and weight, which can increase the force of an impact with another vehicle or pedestrian. Some common injuries attributed to moving van accidents include:
- Broken bones
- Traumatic brain injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Internal injuries
- Organ damage
What Does a Moving Truck Accident Investigation Look Like?
Once you contact an attorney from Tiemann Law Firm and we begin to look into your case, we will start to investigate the accident that caused your injury to build your claim for compensation. The process can take anywhere from days to months, depending on the complexity of the accident and number of vehicles involved. This accident investigation process typically follows a set procedure that looks something like this:
- Taking your statement. Your attorney will sit down with you and take your statement on the events that occurred the day of your accident. They may ask you questions about your state of mind, your physical condition, the condition of the vehicle you were driving, or the condition of the road. Bear in mind that anything you say to your attorney is protected by attorney client privilege, so it’s important to be honest about what happened.
- Gathering evidence and documents. After hearing your side of the story, your attorney will then begin gathering evidence to support your claim. This may be photos or video footage of the scene of the accident, accident reports from law enforcement, copies of any citations issued, medical records, or any other pertinent information that might support your case.
- Interviewing witnesses. We will then contact and interview eyewitnesses to your accident or retain and interview expert witnesses that can assist in providing testimony to support your claim.
- Accident reconstruction. Using all the data we’ve gathered, we then attempt to reconstruct the accident exactly as it occurred. This will help us determine who was at fault and how we can prove that fault in court, if necessary.
What Kind of Compensation Can I Get for My Moving Van Accident?
If you’ve suffered losses as a result of another party’s negligence, financial or otherwise, you should have a valid claim for compensation. Exactly how much you might receive is nearly impossible to determine without a thorough review of the circumstances surrounding your accident, but in general, the more severe your injuries, the more you should demand in compensation.
Compensation is broken down according to the actual losses you’ve suffered. These losses are referred to as damages, and although some are easy to understand, others can be a bit more nebulous and require the assistance of an experienced attorney to estimate.
Losses that have a specific dollar amount attached to them are called economic damages. Some examples of economic damages include:
- Property damage. If a moving van accident causes damage to your vehicle, you can claim compensation to repair or replace your property.
- Lost wages. If the injury you suffered resulted in lost time at work, you can recover compensation to make up for the lost wages, whether you lost time now or will do so in the future.
- Medical bills. An accident with a large vehicle often ends in severe injury, and that means trips to the hospital or doctor’s office. You can demand compensation to make up for this financial loss.
- Lost business opportunity. If your injuries prevent you from participating in a business opportunity that would have offered financial security, you may be able to recover compensation for the lost amount.
The other category of compensatory damages is non-economic damages. These types of losses have no exact dollar amount attached and relate to the effect your injury has on your well-being and quality of life. There are many types, such as:
- Loss of enjoyment of life. If your accident leaves you unable or less able to enjoy the activities you once cherished, you can be compensated for this loss.
- Pain and suffering. Compensation for pain and suffering is meant to make up for the mental and emotional toll you suffer as a result of your injury.
- Loss of consortium. If your moving van accident ends in severe injury to a loved one, you can be compensated for the loss of companionship.
- Mental anguish. You may be able to recover compensation to make up for feelings of fear, distress, anxiety, depression, trauma, or insomnia that result after an accident with a moving van.
California allows certain claimants to pursue exemplary damages as well as compensatory damages. Exemplary damages, otherwise known as punitive damages, are not meant to make up for any certain loss. They’re intended specifically to punish the negligent party and deter them from ever behaving in the same way again. Exemplary damages are only awarded in cases of extreme fraud, oppression, or malice, and the burden of proof is much higher.
Call Today for a Free Consultation
If you’ve been in a severe accident with a moving van, it’s imperative that you contact the attorneys at Tiemann Law Firm right away. California has a statute of limitations that disallows personal injury lawsuits after a certain date, so time is a factor.
Don’t let a moving van accident determine the course of your life. Call us at (916) 999-9000 for a free, same-day consultation, and let us help you get the restitution you deserve.