Sacramento Tire Blowout Truck Accident Attorneys
Did you get hurt in a truck accident? Was it the result of a tire blowout? Did you end up with significant injuries and expensive medical bills? If so, do not hesitate to contact the Sacramento truck accident lawyers of Tiemann Law Firm to learn about your legal options.
You might be entitled to financial compensation from the at-fault driver, trucking company, or another negligent party. We could help you hold them liable for their actions and seek the justice you deserve. If you incur any costs from the accident, you can pursue compensation, so you’re not left with any bills to pay yourself.
What Causes Tire Blowouts on Commercial Trucks?
Tires can rupture or explode for various reasons. Some are due to an innocent accident, such as driving over a nail or other sharp object in the middle of the road. However, many are the result of human error and negligence.
Multiple parties, including tire manufacturers, truckers, and trucking companies, must ensure a tractor-trailer’s tires are in good working condition and don’t contain any defects or damage. Unfortunately, mistakes happen that can lead to deadly accidents.
The most common causes of tire blowout accidents are:
- Speeding – Exceeding the speed limit can cause a buildup of heat and weaken the integrity of a commercial truck’s tires. When they’re pushed beyond their limit, they can explode, causing the driver to lose control of the vehicle.
- Underinflation – Underinflating the tires on a large truck is one of the most common reasons for blowouts. It’s easy to avoid underinflation, but many companies and truckers fail to inspect their vehicles and perform routine maintenance, so they don’t catch this error in time.
- Inadequate maintenance – Just like other parts of a tractor-trailer, tires require maintenance. It’s possible to reduce the risk of a blowout with regular upkeep. Federal law requires truck drivers to inspect their trucks before every shift. That includes ensuring the tires aren’t worn out or damaged.
- Road hazards – Potholes, cracked pavement, and debris could puncture a tire. Sometimes, it’s an unavoidable situation that isn’t the driver’s fault. However, if they don’t perform inspections like they’re supposed to, they can’t catch any possible problems and promptly repair the hole or tear.
- Overloaded cargo – Maximum weight limits for commercial trucks are in place to prevent putting too much pressure on the vehicle’s tires. An overloaded vehicle can weaken a tire’s structure and lead to a blowout.
- Manufacturing defect – Tire manufacturers must meet specific quality and safety standards. They could be liable for an accident if they made a mistake during the design or assembly process but placed the faulty tire on the market anyway.
If any of these causes or some other issue resulted in a tire blowout truck accident that injured you, contact Tiemann Law Firm immediately so we can begin working on your case. We’ll need to investigate what happened and obtain evidence to prove that someone else was responsible for your injuries and should face the consequences of their actions.
Compensation You Can Pursue in an Insurance Claim
Trucking companies must comply with specific insurance filing requirements. Federal law regulates the minimum liability limits they should purchase and maintain for their commercial trucks, depending on the weight and type of cargo. For example, a tractor-trailer under 10,001 pounds and carrying non-hazardous materials must have at least $300,000 in liability insurance. A truck transporting oil must have at least $1 million in coverage.
You could seek compensation for the losses you suffered by filing a liability insurance claim. These losses might include:
- Property damage
- Medical bills
- Pain and suffering
- Lost wages
- Lost earning capacity
- Emotional distress
- Physical impairment or disfigurement
- Loss of enjoyment of life
The Sacramento tire blowout truck accident attorneys of Tiemann Law Firm will be aggressive in our negotiations with the insurance company. We aim to recover the maximum possible settlement to cover your past and future losses. It shouldn’t be your responsibility to pay out of pocket for any expenses when the negligent actions of another party are the reason you sustained injuries.
Why Choose Tiemann Law Firm?
Lawsuits and insurance claims are complex. You will likely face challenges if you attempt to handle them alone. Insurance companies and defense attorneys often rely on intimidation to achieve their desired outcome. They might try to scare you into thinking their low settlement offer is the best you’ll get. If you’re not working with an experienced legal team, you might feel tempted to accept.
Studies have shown that you have a better chance of receiving higher compensation if you seek legal representation. The Sacramento tire blowout truck accident attorneys of Tiemann Law Firm have the resources and knowledge to perform thorough investigations and locate crucial evidence.
While we’re working on your case, some of the evidence we might need to collect includes:
- Eyewitness statements
- The truck driver’s employment and driving history
- The collision report
- Security camera footage
- Photos from the accident scene
- Tire inspection, maintenance, and repair reports
- Your medical records and medical bills
You won’t have to lift a finger during your insurance claim or lawsuit. We’ll take on the responsibility of handling every legal aspect of your case. We can file on your behalf and seek the monetary award you need to compensate for your total losses. We’re not afraid to go to battle against intimidating insurance companies and defense attorneys. Our legal team will tirelessly work to reach the best possible outcome for you.
Contact Us for a Free Consultation
At Tiemann Law Firm, our Sacramento tire blowout truck accident attorneys have represented accident victims since 1998. We know what’s at stake and won’t give up without a fight. We will put our experience and resources to work for you while we’re seeking compensation from the at-fault party. You can feel confident knowing you’ll be in capable hands throughout the entire legal process.
Call Tiemann Law Firm at (916) 999-9000 if you suffered injuries in a tire blowout truck accident in Sacramento. We’re happy to meet you for a free consultation to discuss what happened to you and determine the possible legal options to help you get the compensation you deserve.