WHAT STEPS SHOULD I TAKE TO HIRE A SACRAMENTO DEFECTIVE PRODUCT ATTORNEY?
Posted on Monday, January 11th, 2016 at 11:34 pm
Have you been injured by a defective product? Have you lost a loved one from an injury caused by a defective product? Defective products are dangerous and they hurt people every day in the United States. The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission provides defective product injury statistics on its website in addition to a list of recalled products. You have the right to trust that the products you use each day are safe. When a product does cause harm, you have legal rights under California’s product liability laws.
The most common types of defective product claims include:
- Defective vehicles and/or the parts used on the vehicles
- Defective drugs
- Defective medical devices
- Defective toys
- Defective household products
- Defective consumer products
Our experienced Sacramento defective product immediately begins an investigation into the circumstances surrounding your defective product injury. Acting quickly is essential in a product liability case to identify and protect essential evidence to prove liability. We must also identify the parties responsible for your injuries. Many product liability cases involve more than one defendant; therefore, we want to identify all liable parties to increase your chance of receiving the maximum compensation allowable by law.
Steps You Should Take If You are Injured by a Defective Product
Your case is important to you but it can be important to others. Your product liability case may prevent other people from being hurt by this or another defective product. We want to help you do that. Product liability law is complex and there ae things that you can do to help ensure that your claim receives the attention it deserves.
- Medical Attention – The first step you need to take is to seek immediate medical attention. Your condition or injury could be life-threatening or you could develop a life-treatening complication from your injury. Protecting your health is your top priority. You need to use a licensed professional medical provider to provide medical assistance and treatment. A thorough medical examination and diagnosis is needed in order to prove that the defective product caused your injury.
- Keep the Defective Product – If the defective product is in your possession, preserve the evidence for your attorney. Keep the product, packing material, instructions, warnings, accessories, warranty information, and anything with a lot or serial number on it.
- Contact The Tiemann Law Firm immediately. You need legal help to pursue a defective product claim. The sooner you contact our office the sooner we can begin investigating the claim. Negotiating or working directly with the insurance company for the liable party is not in your best interest. The insurance company is working to deny your claim or reduce the compensation you receive. Never provide a statement or sign any documents without first consulting with an attorney.
Sacramento Product Liability Attorneys Who Fight for You
Manufacturers, design firms, distribution companies, and businesses have teams of professionals working for them to limit their liability — you deserve the same. Our product liability attorneys will not stop fighting until we get justice for you and for your family.
Don’t let these companies deny your right to compensation. Contact Tiemann Law Firm for your free consultation by calling (916) 999-9000 or chat with a representative on our website. If you have been injured by an unsafe product, contact us immediately. You only have a limited time to file a defective product claim. We want to ensure you and your family are treated fairly and that you receive the compensation you deserve.