Sacramento Product Liability Attorneys
Posted on Friday, December 22nd, 2017 at 4:45 am
With regular news coverage of product recalls people often hear the phrase “products liability case” but very few people know what it actually means. A products liability case in California is a case that is brought against the manufacturer, distributor and/or seller of a dangerous product after someone is injured or killed. In order to successfully bring a product liability case in California, you must look closely at a number of factors including the nature of the defect in the product, whether or not the defect caused the injuries suffered and the responsible parties.
If you or a loved one has been injured or killed as a result of a defective project, you need knowledgeable representation. At the Tiemann Law Firm, we understand California products liability cases and can help you successfully pursue your case. If you live in Sacramento or nearby as in Folsom, El Dorado Hills, or Roseville, call us for a free consultation on your products liability lawsuit.
Products Liability Litigation in California
In order to successfully pursue a product liability case, you must prove that the product was defective. There are three types of product liability cases in California. They are:
- Defectively Designed Products liability cases often involve situations where the design of the product is inherently dangerous. These types of claims often lead to large scale recalls of the items because they are dangerous even though they were produced correctly according to their design.
- Defectively Manufactured Products liability cases often involve situations where there was an error in the manufacturing process. Items missing integral parts that cause malfunctions are considered defectively manufactured products.
- Products without Adequate Warnings or Instructions are often involved in products liability cases after someone is injured while using the item in a foreseeable manner considering the current warnings. The essential idea is that manufacturers and distributors have an obligation to warn of the dangers associated with using their products.
What caused the injuries?
In order to successfully pursue a product liability case in California you must prove that the product was defective when it was purchased and that the injury you suffered was directly related to the product defect. This can be difficult to prove in a products liability case and often involves expert testimony. We know that working with an experienced and knowledgeable product liability attorney will allow you to prove that your injuries are related to the defective product and ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve.
Who is responsible? A Question for a Skilled Personal Injury Attorney
Any Tiemann Law Firm personal injury attorney can explain how each person in the chain of distribution may be responsible for the injuries you or a loved one suffered as a result of a defective product. These parties could include:
- The manufacturer of parts of the item
- The manufacturer who assembled the item
- The distributor or wholesaler
- Any sellers, including retail stores where the item was purchased
Identifying all of the responsible parties in a products liability lawsuit is extremely important because an injured party is only able to bring a lawsuit for the same injury once. If you have any questions about a potential products liability claim we encourage you to contact us to discuss the specifics of your situation as we offer free, no obligation consultations.